cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined (Card declined by issuer - contact card issuer to determine reason.) - Info?

Hi,

I first authorized a customer's credit card and received a successful authorization.  However, then I performed another authorization and received the following message from Authorize.Net.

Declined (Card declined by issuer - contact card issuer to determine reason.)

In the following link it doesn't mention this as a reason, but could this also mean that during the 1st authorization the transaction successfully went through because the bank didn't know it was a fraudulent user using the card and on the 2nd authorization they declined it because they realized it was fraudulent attempts?

https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A59&pmv=print&impressions=false 

Thank you!

olimits7
Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

There  are really any number of reasons that this could happen. The article that you referenced makes note of a couple of common reasons, but all that we really know is that the bank refused to honor the authorization.

Trevor
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Do you guys know how to contact the card issuer? I don't see a way to know who's the issuer...

fxalvarezd