cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined due to CCV in Sandbox Mode

Hello

When I submit a new 'createCustomerPaymentProfileRequest' in sandbox with validationMode set to 'liveMode' the credit card is always declined due to a CCV mismatch even though I've tried 5 perfectly good credit cards. 

Just wondering if this is a limitation of testing in sandbox. 

The message specifically is:

Declined  (Authorization with the card issuer was successful but the transaction was declined due to a card code mismatch with the card code on file with the card issuing bank based on the settings in the Merchant Interface.)

Thanks in advance!

lingzhou125
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @lingzhou125,

The sandbox will accept and generate an approval for any correctly formatted card number and card code. If that's not happening for you, there could be a few things going on.

•  You can cause the sandbox to generate declines or errors for testing by sending specific zip codes or amounts. What zip code or amount are you sending with the transaction? Is there a chance you're sending one of the triggers in our Testing Guide that would cause a card code mismatch?
  • Does that same combination of card number and card code work successfully for just a plain transaction (not a profile creation)? If it works to create a transaction, but not to validate a profile, could you post a log of exactly what's being sent and received (with sensitive information redacted)?
Aaron
All Star

Response from Stream: '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><createCustomerPaymentProfileResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd"><messages><resultCode>Error</resultCode><message><code>E00027</code><text>This transaction has been declined.</text></message></messages><validationDirectResponse>2,2,65,This transaction has been declined.,API54N,Y,60030571959,none,Test transaction for ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile.,0.00,CC,auth_only,none,,,,,,email@example.com,,,,,,,,,0.00,0.00,0.00,FALSE,none,04B62FD4DA0262A6868329D609ECFEF6,P,2,,,,,,,,,,,XXXX7205,MasterCard,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,</validationDirectResponse></createCustomerPaymentProfileResponse>'

I'll add that if I turn off the CCV security feature, it goes through no problem.

I am able to successfully process all plain transactions.

Only createCustomerPaymentProfileRequest with validationmode set to liveMode will cause this error.

actually i just tried to create a normal transaction and it gave me the same error message regarding CCV mismatch.

If it turn off CCV in the fraud suite it'll work again.

I checked to make sure I wasn't setting off any test triggers

Hi @lingzhou125,

To clarify the behavior in sandbox, any card code is accepted for a transaction, and by default, no card code checking is performed unless you use one of the special test card codes to trigger a specific response. Since no checking is performed, the card code response for most sandbox transactions will be "P", indicating that no checking was performed.

If you've set up the merchant interface to decline transactions where the card code response is "P", that's exactly what will happen.

If you want to test specific card code responses, like "M" for match or "N" for no match, then you'll want to use the specific card codes documented for that purpose in our testing guide.