cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Capture Testing Using Test CC Numbers

Does Authorize.Net have a testing solution that will return a valid authorization and or transaction ID using test payment card numbers like (4111111........)

To maintain PCI Compliance "LIVE PANS" can not be used in the development or testing enviornment. However to truely test a delayed capture transaction, we need Auth.net to return a valid authorization.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

daxman27
5 REPLIES 5

I don't think PCI compliance extends to your own credit card, just customer or client credit cards. I ran transactions through just fine using my own credit card info - the only thing I had to change was to set the card code to 900 rather than the actual value. Of course, that was authorize and capture, don't know if it's different for authorize and then prior authorize capture. Let me know when you find out.

TJPride
Expert

Hey there,

When you applied for your test account, we sent you an email that included some test credit card numbers you can use when testing.

For your reference, here they are again. The expiration date must be set to the present date or later:

- American Express Test Card: 370000000000002

- Discover Test Card: 6011000000000012               

- Visa Test Card: 4007000000027               

- Second Visa Test Card: 4012888818888               

- JCB: 3088000000000017              

- Diners Club/ Carte Blanche: 38000000000006   

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Thanks Michelle,

So are you saying that using the below test card numbers should provide a "Trans Status" of Approved. Basically not the same test response as using the visa (41111111....)

Michelle,

One more thing. I tried a few of the numbers, but get a "Declined" Response. The account is not in "Test" mode. We need to be able to test a delayed capture transaction in which Authorize.net recognizes the transaction as valid and returns an approval code, etc.

We can not test using real PAN's due to PCI Compliance requirements and can not find a solution to the issue we are having.

thanks for your time.

Those test CC# will only work it a test/sandbox account in livemode.

Get a test account https://developer.authorize.net/testaccount/

Test Accounts vs. Live Accounts – Which Does What Anyway?