cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Description and/or SKU from shopping cart - Infusionsoft

Our shopping cart, Infusionsoft, has an area to enter in a description and a SKU # for products. When an order is placed it is sent to Practice Pay Solutions/Authorize.net. We have several products that are the same price and we need the description to go into the description area in PPS/Authorize.net or the SKU to transfer over - anything that would help us see in PPS/Auth.net what the order is for. 

Infusionsoft says: The data is being sent but PPS/Auth.net  but it is not categorizing it. I know that in PPS/Auth.net there is a description area. Why is that info being transferred into the system? The invoice # from our shopping cart is accepted and is there. Is there any possible way to get a SKU or description from our shopping cart and get it into a field within PPS/Auth.net? 

Thanks, Rachael

Rachael1
9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

You may want to check our fields for submitting line item details. This will allow for individual product descriptions and product IDs that could be used to hold the SKU.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Where do I check the fields? I see description area but Infusionsoft's description does not go into your field "description" - how do I figure that out? Thanks so much for replying. 

Not unless you have the access to their source code. They have to tell us exactly what fields name they use to send those information.

That just what infusionsoft use. Here the field name authorize.net use for line item

x_line_item
Optional
All line item elements are required when this field is submitted. Up to 30 may be submitted.
Value: Any string
Format: Line item values must be delimited by a bracketed pipe <|>, and must be listed in the order shown below.
Notes: Itemized order information.
Delimited item information elements include:
โ– 
Item ID<|>: Up to 31 characters
โ– 
Item name<|>: Up to 31 characters
โ– 
Item description<|>: Up to 255 characters
โ– 
Item quantity<|>: Up to two decimal places.
โ– 
Item price (per unit)<|>: Up to two decimal places. Must be a positive number. The dollar sign ($) is not allowed when submitting delimited information. Excludes tax, freight, and duty.
โ– 
Item taxable: Values can be TRUE, FALSE, T, F, YES, NO, Y, N, 1, 0
Example: x_line_item=item1<|>golf balls<|><|>2<|>18.95<|>Y

thank you. Is there someone we can hire to get this handled? I'm lost. 

Hello @Rachael1 

A list of qualified developers is available in the Authorize.Net Certified Developer directory.

Richard

Incase there are other ideas or other people looking into this, I contacted a developer and they said it is not possible due to Infusionsoft's application. Here is what he said: 

See the issue is that the way Infusionsoft is designed to be a self contained application. There is the possibility to interact with the application via their API, but it appears this can only be done in an passive style. This was confirmed by a developer support rep as not being possible without creating a separate application, although I still can't wrap my head around why they wouldn't include this sort of functionality in a business critical application.

Hello Rachel1,

It appears that Infusionsoft created and controls the functionality in their payment module and they would need to make the necessary changes to support your request.  Our business development team has reached out to Infusionsoft to communicate your suggested enhancement.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard