cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description never shows anywhere

I am trying to put in transaction data from the gateway but the description value never shows, no matter if it's a single line transaction or multi item transaction. Did this ever get fixed?

cclabaugh
6 REPLIES 6

Gotta love having an Authorize.net account that you pay for but can't effectively use as per documentation. And the "great" response time... wow... what more can one ask for?

cclabaugh

Can you explain your problem in a bit more detail? Are you using the gateway to enter a transaction, filling in the description? How are you trying to get the description back out? If you're using an API, which language and can you post code?

TJPride
Expert

All I'm doing is trying to pull the transactions via some C# code for dotNet. No matter if I pull settled or unsettled transactions, the descriptions are ALWAYS blank. The description is always blank when trying to show line items as well.

var gate = new ReportingGateway("{XXXXXXX}", "{XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX}", ServiceMode.Live);

var transactions2 = gate.GetTransactionList();
foreach (var item in transactions2)
{
          Response.Write(item.TransactionID + item.ResponseCode + item.Description + item.CardNumber + item.SettleAmount.ToString("C") + item.DateSubmitted.ToShortDateString() + "<br/>");
            }

The transaction list function only returns a very limited number of fields, none of which is description as far as I know. You need to use GetTransactionDetails on each transaction if you want to retrieve that information.

It doesn't matter what method I use, I am never returned the description, even on the GetTransactionDetails - it's always blank and I've read numerous others who also have this issue.

Well, assuming you're doing everything correctly, it would have to be something wrong with the Authorize.net library itself. Find the part where it actually retrieves the raw data from Authorize.net and print it out - see if the description is there and just being lost along the way.