cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting a successful subscription payment

I'd like to able to detect a successful arb payment so that I can send our user's emails when their payment has gone through. I figured I would be able to use webhooks. However, the webhook documentation doesn't make it clear how to detect a successful arb payment.

I couldn't figure out what to expect from the documentation, so I created a webhook endpoint that records what gets sent to it, then I created a subscription and waited to receive a webhook notification. The problem is that when I did get a notification, the authMount value was 0.0. In the sandbox dashboard, I can see the subscription, and it says the amount is $199, and that 1 payment has gone through.

So, my question is this: How do I detect a successful subscription payment? Is it normal for a subscription notification to have an authAmount of 0.0, or is this a bug in the sandbox env? Please advise me how to detect a successful subscription payment with webhooks.

skyhijoseph1
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @skyhijoseph1

An ARB transaction would be AuthCapture, so if you add a Webhook it will notify you when a transaction is processed.  Then use the Transaction ID to get details for the transaction.  If it was for a subscription, they transaction details will include a section for Subscription ID.

Richard

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

If there is a free trial, then need to perform a zero dollar authorization; receipt is also required to be sent to customer.

Just confirming that is not the case here.

Christine
Payment Gateway and Merchant Services Consultant
3Dmerchant
Contributor

There were 0 trial_months for the test subscription. Also, I'm pretty sure that this should be possible with webhooks, since the webhooks documentation explicitly states that a use case for webhooks is detecting successful arb payments.

Come on, there's got to be a way to do this.

I've just noticed that every webhook request that I've gotten in Sandbox has had an authAmount of 0.0. So I guess webhooks don't work yet.

Hello @skyhijoseph1

An ARB transaction would be AuthCapture, so if you add a Webhook it will notify you when a transaction is processed.  Then use the Transaction ID to get details for the transaction.  If it was for a subscription, they transaction details will include a section for Subscription ID.

Richard

Oh, I see, thanks.

Is there a way do distinguish an arb AuthCapture transaction from another AuthCapture transaction? Also, is it normal for every webhook request to have an authAmount of 0.0? If so, then what's the point?

Nvm, you already answered my question, the transaction response have a subscription id

Hi @skyhijoseph1,

Just FYI, the amount = 0.00 is a known problem that's currently being worked on. Unfortunately I can't provide any timeline on a fix.

Hey @Aaron - is this an issue only in the sandbox or is amount=0.00 in production too?