cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting a successful subscription payment

I'd like to able to detect a successful arb payment so that I can send our user's emails when their payment has gone through. I figured I would be able to use webhooks. However, the webhook documentation doesn't make it clear how to detect a successful arb payment.

I couldn't figure out what to expect from the documentation, so I created a webhook endpoint that records what gets sent to it, then I created a subscription and waited to receive a webhook notification. The problem is that when I did get a notification, the authMount value was 0.0. In the sandbox dashboard, I can see the subscription, and it says the amount is $199, and that 1 payment has gone through.

So, my question is this: How do I detect a successful subscription payment? Is it normal for a subscription notification to have an authAmount of 0.0, or is this a bug in the sandbox env? Please advise me how to detect a successful subscription payment with webhooks.

skyhijoseph1
Contributor
11 REPLIES 11

We try to make our sandbox and production environments as alike as possible. We try to duplicate all behavior and functionality between them. Unfortunately, it means we usually duplicate the bugs as well. :(

I'm sad to report that this issue does indeed affect Webhooks in the production system as well.

FYI Zero Amount issue is fixed now for Webhooks . 

Send feedback at developer_feedback@authorize.net
Anurag
Moderator Moderator