cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in Response Code and Transaction Status

Hello,

We run a batch of CIM's every morning and recently we have started seeing discrepencies in our responses from a.net and what is showing in the merchant.a.net CIM portal.

Specifically, we are getting the Duplication Transaction error (which is not expected) in the responses from a.net. However, when we log into the merchant site, we see that there are "Settled Successfully" statuses for each of the transactions that had previously been marked as duplicates.

We are not resubmitting the transactions, and this does not happen every day but only about once a week. 

Anyone else getting mixed responses vs what is being actually recorded on the CIM portal?

Thank you!
Wesley 

wduffee
5 REPLIES 5

Are you logging every charge? Are you using an automated routine to do the processing every morning, or triggering manually? If using an automated routine, can you post applicable code?

TJPride
Expert

Yes, we are logging every charge. It does run automatically. What code are you interested in seeing? I'm happy to share some code, what specifically are you looking for?

What all criteria gets checked by a.net for a duplicate transaction? ie, what can be the same and what can be different?

Also, each transaction being flagged as a duplicate is happening for the first (and only) time that a CIM profile is getting pushed up if that helps. So, put another way, every day each CIM profile has one and only one transaction request. And that is still getting marked as duplicate (in the response - not on the merchant.a.net site, which shows all as being well).

I'd like to see the code you're using to create a profile and submit a transaction. Also print_r (or equivalent if not using PHP) the responss and paste those as well. Are you sure you're getting the duplicate transaction error for the transaction and not for the profile creation?

createCustomerProfileRequest
merchantCustomerId, description, email

createCustomerPaymentProfileRequest
customerProfileId, cardNumber, accountNumber, routingNumber, billToFirstName, billToLastName, billToAddress, and billToZip

createCustomerShippingAddressRequest
customerProfileId, firstName, lastName, address, zip and phoneNumber

You get a duplicate transaction if it's for the same amount, same profile, and is within the time cut-off. Essentially, the only way I can think of there'd actually be a duplicate transaction is if you're sending the transaction twice, in which case one would probably be rejected and never show up in the system and the other would be listed as ok.

I'm afraid the solution was very simple and totally unrelated to a.net. Cron scheduling issues on our end.

Thank you for your assistance!

Heh, I figured it might be something like that.