cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Authorize.net Support Other Readers with Key Injection?

I see that Authorize.net says that it only supports the IDTech reader.  Those are pre-injected readers and it's unclear whether or not that's just for the Authorize.net mobile app.  If you are building a custom app, have the manufacturer's card reader SDK, and the manufacturer supports key injection, can the Production and Sandbox keys be obtained from Authorize.net and injected into outside purchased readers?  What exactly is not supported if the encryption is handled with an Authorize.net key, the encrypted data is obtained using the manufacturer's SDK, and then the AIM API is used to forward the transaction to Authorize.net where Authorize.net can decrypt with the appropriate key?  The IDTech readers are larger and twice as expensive compared to most magstripe readers, not to mention the lack of support for dual/triple capable mobile readers with EMV or NFC.

I chatted with a basic support rep who said it wasn't supported but she wasn't very technical.  This post seems to indicate that it is:  

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Need-Encrypt-KEY-for-MSR/m-p/506...

bradbohn
10 REPLIES 10

I would like to see IDTech SRED support, and in a fashion that would be certifiably P2PE compliant.   

J

klasdohis