cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the PHP AIM sample application work?

Ok.

So I downloaded the PHP sample application and put in my transaction ID and login ID... and when I try to charge it gives me:

The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

response code3
response reason code13

Does the sample app work? I tried in test mode. Live mode. I am at a complete loss. The settings under are set as follows:

define("AUTHORIZENET_SANDBOX",true);       // Set to false to test against production
define("TEST_REQUEST", "FALSE");           // You may want to set to true if testing against production

Is this correct? Please help.

tyrspawn
3 REPLIES 3

Are you using a production(live) account loginID and transactionID? or test account loginID and transactionID?

You will get error reason code 13 when you try to use ID the wrong one on the 2 websites(production vs test).

Test Accounts vs. Live Accounts – Which Does What Anyway?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

So in other words:

The sample app would only work with a test account UNLESS the two variables at the bottom of the config.php were inverted to

define("AUTHORIZENET_SANDBOX",false);       // Set to false to test against production
define("TEST_REQUEST", "TRUE");           // You may want to set to true if testing against production

I set it as such, put my account into test mode and the charges worked.

so.. in theory, if I turn those to true/false again - it should charge legit credit cards.

define("AUTHORIZENET_SANDBOX",false);       // Set to false to test against production
define("TEST_REQUEST", "TRUE");           // You may want to set to true if testing against production

With production account, test syntax/connection on live production site. No transaction will get process.

define("TEST_REQUEST", "FALSE");           // You may want to set to true if testing against production

With production account, LIVE on PRODUCTION site, charge, process fees will go thru.

define("AUTHORIZENET_SANDBOX",true);       // Set to false to test against production

Testing on test site with test account. Use test CC# for testing.

NO point on doing testmode on test site with a test account.