cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop-Down Box in SIM?

Hi there,

We just signed up with Authorize.Net, and while our web developer beings to work on a CIM implementation, we figured that we could replace our PayPal buttons with Authorize.Net buttons by utilizing SIM in our current selling spot.  However, it seems that SIM only offers a "Buy Now" option that has the user specify the quantity, and the seller the price per product.  While a few of our product packages have "Buy Now" options with PayPal, we offer "Buy 3" and "Buy 6" quantity discounts to customers for most of our other products via a drop-down box.

Is it possible to utilize a drop-down box with SIM, and if so, is there any sample code available?

Thank you kindly for your time and help!

OrthoDan
5 REPLIES 5

I'm assuming the price per unit is different when the unit is chunks of 3 or 6? The way to solve this problem with SIM is to have two pages - the first that just has your pull-down and submits to the second, and the second that generates the SIM form like in the Quick Start code and auto-submits using this bit of Javascript:

<body onload="document.forms.myformname.submit();">

(Edit: In case any mods are reading this, for some reason it keeps changing my colon on the end of the line to the HTML encoding for same - forum bug)

TJPride
Expert

TJPride--

Wow, thank you for the very fast reply!

Currently, the PayPal code is implemented on a stickied forum post while the web site gets developed.  Would that throw a monkey wrench into making this happen?  Seems from what you've said, two pages would have to be involved, and essentially the way it is now, a new page opens up (PayPal shopping cart) when people click "Add" or select a drop-down quantity and click "Add", and the page just refreshes to reflect the changes to the order.

Thank you again...

If you're using a cart, obviously the cart would need to generate an "Order Now" button that's essentially a hidden SIM form with all the order information specified as hidden fields, and the total amount of the order put into the top part of the code as well as into the amount field. If the cart isn't hosted on your site, however, you don't have the option of modifying it. Depending on the number of products you have, it may be simpler to just have a one-page order form where people select the items they want, click Order Now, and then submit to the second page, which does what I said about generating the SIM form and auto-submitting. Coding that probably wouldn't take much time for someone who knows what they're doing. I could do it myself for a small fee if you don't mind waiting a few days (I have other work I need to do first), or you can hire one of the regular Authorize.net developers:

http://www.authorize.net/solutions/merchantsolutions/merchantservices/certifieddeveloperdirectory/

TJ--

Thanks again man!  I think I may be interested in hiring you for this little gig.  I'm a former developer myself, but years out of practice, and overwhelmed with simply trying to run our small business now.  How can I reach you?

Thank you!

Dan

Sent you a private message, see the mailbox icon in the grey bar at the top of this page.