cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Error After Denied Transactions

I saw this response in another thread that was closed, but my question is what if the error was in the expiration date or credit card code. The fields listed in this response do not cover these. 

The AIM API allows you to specify the window of time after a transaction is submitted during which the payment gateway checks for a duplicate transaction (based on credit card number, invoice number, amount, billing address information, transaction type, etc.) using the duplicate window field (x_duplicate_window). The value for this field can be between 0 and 28800 seconds (maximum of 8 hours). 

I am getting a Duplicate Error response when I go in and fix expiration date and/or credit card code. How can I work around this without adjusting hte duplicate window?

Also, why would you get a duplicate error on denied transactions?

mbridges14
1 REPLY 1

Hi

A duplicate transaction error is triggered when one of the fields mentioned in this article is the same and this includes expiration date. If you are changing the expiration date, this should not cause duplicate error but updating only the card code will. Without adjusting the duplicate window your only option when correcting or updating the card code value is to change one of the fields mentioned here.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator