cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E00027 This transaction has been declined Test transaction for ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile.,0.01

Hi,

I've setup the CIM api on my project, and let it work on the live mode. When I try to create Customer Payment Profile with api: createCustomerPaymentProfileRequest, I got error message here 'This transaction has been declined'. Can someone tell me what the wrong is? Much appreciate.

* I replaced some chars with '*'.

Here are the request and response info:

2011-07-16 05:44:56,794 DEBUG authorize
request xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
            <createCustomerPaymentProfileRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
            <merchantAuthentication>
        <name>3Ls7qM8H2</name>
        <transactionKey>3768k45AbZmY****</transactionKey>
        </merchantAuthentication>
            <customerProfileId>19573369</customerProfileId>
            <paymentProfile>
            <payment>
            <creditCard>
            <cardNumber>45563200******09</cardNumber>
            <expirationDate>2015-**</expirationDate>
            </creditCard>
            </payment>
            </paymentProfile>
            <validationMode>liveMode</validationMode>
            </createCustomerPaymentProfileRequest>

2011-07-16 05:44:57,616 DEBUG authorize
response xml:
<feff><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><createCustomerPaymentProfileRes

ponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd"><messages><resultCode>Error</resultCode><message><code>E00027</code><text>This transaction has been declined</text></message></messages><validationDirectResponse>2,2,205,This transaction has been declined,,P,3742866455,none,Test transaction for ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile.,0.01,CC,auth_only,none,,,,,,,,,,,email@example.com,none,none,none,none,none,none,none,none,0.00,0.00,0.00,FALSE,none,7A5C6204C3AF241642F393A47288BC32,,,,,,,,,,,,,XXXX6209,Visa,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,</validationDirectResponse></createCustomerPaymentProfileResponse>

chrischen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The specific error reason on this last one was 290.

"When submitting authorization requests for Visa, the address and zip code fields must be entered."

Just in case you didn't know:

In the ValidationDirectResponse element of the xml passed back from AuthNet to you,  there is a comma delimited string.

If you start right after the ValidationDirectResponse> in the XML,  for example in the info you just posted,  you'll see that it reads:

3,1,290,There is one or more missing or invalid required fields.,,P,0,... blah blah blah.

What you are interested in is that third position.  In this case,  the value of that position is 290

Then you just go to http://www.authorize.net/support/AIM_guide.pdf  and, starting on page 46 of that document, under the heading "Response Reason Codes and Response Reason Text",  there is a list of all 319 Response Reason Codes.  Using those codes you can usually get to the root of a problem.

From the looks of the returned response,  I don't see any address or zip code that you passed.  If you had, they should show up within the commas in the DirectResponse spot that currently reads "none,,,,,,,,,,,email@example.com"

With the address and zip code being sent, that response should look like this:  

"none,,,,123 Address Street,,,32087,,,,email@example.com"

Hope that helps :)

WHeis

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Not sure how far this will go to help, but the directResponse code you show there indicates a response code of 2 (transaction declined) with an error code of 205.

Error code 205: This error code applies only to merchants on FDC Omaha. The value submitted in the merchant number field is invalid.

So.. it appears your merchant number is invalid.   Did you remember to change it from your test number to the live one? Did you change the server you are sending the request to to the live server instead of the test server?

Just ideas here,  but at least you know the error is about your merchant number.

Good Luck,

WHeis

WHeisenberg
Regular Contributor

Hi WHeis,

I've check my site, both merchant api key and request server are live one. Could you advise me is there anything I need to check? Such as General AVS Responses...

Thanks for your help.

In the direcxt response returned from AuthNet that you posted above,  I'm seeing "Test transaction for ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile" in position 9.

That is the 'description' element of the response.

From what I see in your code, as well as the potential input elements that you can be sending to AuthNet through the createCustomerPaymentProfileRequest,  you didn't send that information to AuthNet.

If AuthNet is responding with 'Test transaction..."  you might still have an AuthNet server address set to the test server somewhere in your code. 

If you've got your live merchant login/trans information in the code,  and you're sending it to a test server,  then that would generate an error related to your merchant account information being incorrect.

Technically, that is what is happening.. but I just don't know why the specific error generated would be mentioning 'Omaha'.

I'm using an actual test account, sending the data to apitest.authorize.net//xml/v1/request.api

According to the docs,  to use a live account in test mode,  you have to use https://api.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api

Something else you might want to check..   if you're using your 'live' merchant data and have your code set to 'liveMode',  you might want to make sure that your actual AuthNet account is not set to Test mode in your merchant login area.

If I remember correctly,  if you want to test a live account,  everything has to be set to test mode.  

In the end,  your code looks correct.  If you have the correct server address in place and the correct merchant information in your code,  then the only way I can think of that the system would still be trying to run 'test' things would be if your merchant account has been set to test mode.

Might be worth a look

WHeis

Hi WHeis,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciated. Here are something I can make sure:

1. Authoize server I used is https://api.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api

2. The Authoize account is on live mode(not test mode, which was already been turned off).

After changed AVS settings in my account, I got another response:

2011-07-19 02:05:33,353 DEBUG authorize https://api.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api
2011-07-19 02:05:34,027 DEBUG authorize
response xml:
<feff><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><createCustomerPaymentProfileResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd"><messages><resultCode>Error</resultCode><message><code>E00027</code><text>There is one or more missing or invalid required fields.</text></message></messages><validationDirectResponse>3,1,290,There is one or more missing or invalid required fields.,,P,0,none,Test transaction for ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile.,0.00,CC,auth_only,none,,,,,,,,,,,email@example.com,none,none,none,none,none,none,none,none,0.00,0.00,0.00,FALSE,none,F68A9C87C1E1472521704EF38C21F647,,,,,,,,,,,,,XXXX1111,Visa,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,</validationDirectResponse></createCustomerPaymentProfileResponse>

Could you tell me how I can know those missing or invalid fields are?

Thanks so much.

The specific error reason on this last one was 290.

"When submitting authorization requests for Visa, the address and zip code fields must be entered."

Just in case you didn't know:

In the ValidationDirectResponse element of the xml passed back from AuthNet to you,  there is a comma delimited string.

If you start right after the ValidationDirectResponse> in the XML,  for example in the info you just posted,  you'll see that it reads:

3,1,290,There is one or more missing or invalid required fields.,,P,0,... blah blah blah.

What you are interested in is that third position.  In this case,  the value of that position is 290

Then you just go to http://www.authorize.net/support/AIM_guide.pdf  and, starting on page 46 of that document, under the heading "Response Reason Codes and Response Reason Text",  there is a list of all 319 Response Reason Codes.  Using those codes you can usually get to the root of a problem.

From the looks of the returned response,  I don't see any address or zip code that you passed.  If you had, they should show up within the commas in the DirectResponse spot that currently reads "none,,,,,,,,,,,email@example.com"

With the address and zip code being sent, that response should look like this:  

"none,,,,123 Address Street,,,32087,,,,email@example.com"

Hope that helps :)

WHeis

Hey, it works after including address and zip fields.

Thanks so much.:smileyvery-happy: