cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E00059 On AuthOnly transactions

We have an implementation that does Auth Only transactions on checkout which used to work fine. 

Recently we began receiving the following error on any createTransactionRequest:

E00059:The authentication type is not allowed for this method call.

After reading this post I regenerated the transaction key just to prove that wasn't it and surprisingly it worked the first few times but now i consistently receive the error again.

We use the test Visa cards from authorize.net's own testing guide here.

I have disabled all fraud settings, run a successful authOnly in the Virtual Terminal, and regenerated the key again to no avail.

Upon contacting the support they pointed me here so, if anyone has any ideas i am more than open. Many thanks in advance for any assitance. 

pberglund
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had seen mismatching prod keys in a test environement in another post so i created a fresh sandbox account and used Wireshark to verfiy traffic to the test api url. 

Interestingly, i updated the authorize.net dll from nuget and i have yet to have a failure today. Perhaps its nothing but it seems to be working now

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @pberglund,

The couple of things to check off the bat are to make sure you're not using the sandbox credentials on production or vice versa. Failing that, is there any chance any one else in your organization is regenerating the key?

Aaron
All Star

I had seen mismatching prod keys in a test environement in another post so i created a fresh sandbox account and used Wireshark to verfiy traffic to the test api url. 

Interestingly, i updated the authorize.net dll from nuget and i have yet to have a failure today. Perhaps its nothing but it seems to be working now