cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E00114 Invalid OTS Token

Our site stopped accepting payments through the Accept.JS interface. The system was working until today.

Please HELP, your customer support team offered NO help and asked me to come to the community forum. What can I do to have payments come through again?

Thanks,
Mike

mbruxvoort
15 REPLIES 15

For those coming here looking for a solution, here is what we ended up doing as a workaround until this is solved on Authorize.net's end. (@mbruxvoort is my supervisor)

We ended up adding a setting in our admin dashboard for a payment delay. Then in our javascript response callback handler we just did a simple setTimeout that waits based on the payment delay setting before submitting the form.

Something like this:

setTimeout(function() {
     authorizeNetPaymentForm.submit();  
}, paymentDelay);

This is really hacky, but without much of an alternative, it is the best we can do.

After this code was in place we tried different delay lengths (1, 2, 5, 10 seconds). The only one that worked was 10 seconds. This means that we are making our users wait 10 seconds for authorize.net to replicate the nonce data. This is really unfortunate as we recently spent time making the payment process as quick as possible.

@douwinga@mbruxvoort

Having to wait 10 seconds is certainly too long.  Did you create a support ticket with CS?  If you can provide the case #, I can escalate again.

Richard

@RichardH

A support ticket has been created. The # is 1-426682611. Last time we messaged support we were told that we should use this thread.

I wish everyone on the customer support team at authorize.net were as helpful as you. You seem like the only person there that understands how serious this issue is.

It’s sad that 15 months later the solution is still “add a delay” (at least in sandbox mode). This is unacceptable authorize.net!
thsmrtone1

@thsmrtone1

It is unfortunate to see that you are having the same problem. I have been going through the documentation again to see if anything changed so that we can remove the delay (which by the way, the documentation does not mention the need for the delay), but it does not appear to have changed. We are now considering using Accept Hosted, which in our proof of concepts, is working very well and does not require a delay. The only issue is that we cannot change the wording and styling of the form. We mainly use authorize.net for donations and the wording on Accept Hosted is geared towards orders.

I'm having the same issue: only on our production site (not on the sandbox server) and only in live mode. I've implemented the recommended delay of up to 20 seconds, but still the E00114: Invalid OTS Token error persists. 

Is there still an bug that needs to be fixed on the AuthNet end?

I followed the other issue (https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Intermittent-Invalid-OTS-Token-...) through to the 6th page, but there was never a confirmation that that bug was fixed. The issue was closed on page 2, and never re-opened even though the problem was confirmed unsolved after that.