cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECHECK transactions are declined if amount exceeds $100

Hello,

I have been assured by the people who set up our merchant account that the ECHECK limit is set at $400. I am using AIM as my integration method and everything works as expected until the check amount exceeds $100, then the transaction is declined with a response code of 2. My x_echeck_type = WEB. My login URL is https://test.authorize.net . Would that make a difference in the allowed check limit? 

Thanks

jacknevitt
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We heard this question again from another developer and wanted to remind our community that eCheck.Net is enabled for all sandbox accounts but with low transaction limits: $100 per transaction and $5000.00 monthly.  These limits in the sandbox are arbitrary and allow developers to easily test a sucessful transaction (within limits), or decline (above limits).

You can always send a request to raise these limits. If you don’t, it will give you a straight decline if you try to run a transaction that is more than your transaction size limit.

Richard

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

If you dont get an answer to this I would suggest emailing developer@authorize.net as it is a very valid question.

TSdotNet
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll wait a little longer but in the meantime, I'll email my question.

Hi there,

we're running into the exact same problem right now - were you ever able to figure out the reason behind the behavior ?

Thanks
Stephan

We heard this question again from another developer and wanted to remind our community that eCheck.Net is enabled for all sandbox accounts but with low transaction limits: $100 per transaction and $5000.00 monthly.  These limits in the sandbox are arbitrary and allow developers to easily test a sucessful transaction (within limits), or decline (above limits).

You can always send a request to raise these limits. If you don’t, it will give you a straight decline if you try to run a transaction that is more than your transaction size limit.

Richard

It makes absolutely no sense to put transaction limits on a developer sandbox, nor does it make any sense to have to request that those limits be increased.

Hello @bitNine 

Thanks for the feedback.

The purpose of limits is to provide developers a method to easily test accepted and declined transactions.   Any transaction below the limits in the sandbox will process, and any transactions above the limit will decline.

Richard

If this standard is going to be maintained, it should be better documented and/or highlighted as a warning within the sandbox. My team wasted several hours debugging our application due to echecks being decliened, when the cause was the sandbox declining all charges over $100.

If you're going to impment a standard for the convience of developers, I suggest you do it in a way that doesn't waste hours of developers time.

I also wasted about 30 minutes debugging this before I found this post. I would highly recommend the error code include that sandbox accounts will decline transactions over $100.

bobbydoogle
Contributor