cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echeck customer permission

I want to ask that as customer prior permission is required in echeck transactions so what if merchant donot ask permission relating echeck types (TEL, PPD etc) and customer also do not has any problem with it (He knows that he is paying through echeck in payment wizrad)? So merchant is in fact not following NACHA requirements but should this be problem? Please tell as I am working on echecks integration and sandbox account isn't helpful.

osamarizwan
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @osamarizwan 

I'm not certain exactly what you are asking, but the option for accepting eChecks in the sandbox is enabled by default.  For our production gateway, merchants my apply to use eCheck otherwise the option to accept checks is not available.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for replying, now please tell if merchant didnot ask permission for echecks (in real transaction) from customer then does it cause problem in future?

osamarizwan

Are you using echeck with AIM? it a one time transaction, you will have to get their info everytime.

Please illustrate this

"Merchants are required to obtain the proper payment authorization from the
customer for each eCheck.Net type, as dictated by NACHA, The Electronic
Payments Association" &

"Payment authorization must be obtained in a variety of ways including via hard copy or 

electronically. Please see the following section titled “Types of eCheck.Net Transaction”
for information about specific authorization requirements for each transaction type ",

it is written in echecks guide from authorize.net. I am using echecks with AIM support (integrating echecks on our website, not using SIM).