cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echeck transaction type

Can i set transactionType  'profileTransAuthOnly' in echeck createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest and when the proccess complete then charge now?

Thanks

Anees

aneesshoukat
2 REPLIES 2

I'm honestly not sure. I'm looking through the documentation and don't see anything specifically saying you can't do it, but this bit of text rather muddies the waters:

Also, for eCheck.Net® transactions, an Authorization is a paper or electronic document or record "signed" by the customer that authorizes a merchant to submit a charge transaction against their bank account.

Also, the eCheck.Net guide says this is a transaction type, but doesn't mention anything about AuthOnly or PriorAuthCapture:

This transaction type is a one-time or recurring charge against a consumer checking or savings account and for which payment authorization was obtained from the customer via the Internet.

If I had to guess, I'd say no - checks either go in or they don't go in.

TJPride
Expert

Hi,

You can run an eCheck transaction as authorize only, but it doesn't actually authorize anything. It is basically just holding the transaction information and when you "capture" the transaction it runs and processes the transaction.

Thanks,
Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator