cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emptry fields on relay response

Hi,

I am setting the following fields in a form like this:

<form accept-charset="UTF-8" action="https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll" method="post"><div style="margin:0;padding:0;display:inline"><input name="utf8" type="hidden" value="&#x2713;" /><input name="authenticity_token" type="hidden" value="O0PykS09KbfR6qLwnCdPWpvFtR0+EQwi6Ul70sZiuqI=" /></div>
<input id="x_test_request" name="x_test_request" type="hidden" value="FALSE" />
<input id="x_relay_url" name="x_relay_url" type="hidden" value="http://localhost:3000/payments/relay_response" />
<input id="x_type" name="x_type" type="hidden" value="AUTH_CAPTURE" /><input id="x_version" name="x_version" type="hidden" value="3.1" />
<input id="x_delim_data" name="x_delim_data" type="hidden" value="FALSE" />
<input id="x_relay_response" name="x_relay_response" type="hidden" value="TRUE" />
<input id="x_login" name="x_login" type="hidden" value="4s8QPsNt9a" />
<input id="x_fp_hash" name="x_fp_hash" type="hidden" value="6602377e198f2eb0f0b5a55ebac364d0" />
<input id="x_fp_sequence" name="x_fp_sequence" type="hidden" value="3291019282" />
<input id="x_fp_timestamp" name="x_fp_timestamp" type="hidden" value="1369744157" />
<input id="x_amount" name="x_amount" type="hidden" value="10" />
<input id="x_tax" name="x_tax" type="hidden" value="100" />
<input id="x_invoice_num" name="x_invoice_num" type="hidden" value="100" />
<input id="x_cust_id" name="x_cust_id" type="text" value="100" />
<label for="x_card_num">Credit Card Number</label>
<input id="x_card_num" name="x_card_num" type="text" />
<label for="x_exp_date">Expiration Date (MMYY)</label>
<input id="x_exp_date" name="x_exp_date" type="text" />
<label for="x_first_name">First Name</label><input id="x_first_name" name="x_first_name" type="text" />
<input id="x_relay_url" name="x_relay_url" type="hidden" value="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" />
<br /><input name="commit" type="submit" value="Purchase" /></form>

but some of them are not coming back to me on the relay_response, more exactly x_cust_id and x_invoice_num.

Does anyone have any ideea what is going on ?

RaduDinca20
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With an error 14 ("x_response_reason_code"=>"14") it shouldn't even get to your relay response page.

Not sure how you get anything on your relay response page.

Fix that first, then see if the the x_cust_id would works.

And yes you can send any custom fields and it would return it on the relay response.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

If I remember correctly a while ago, someone having the same issue with 3 digit value on something. Authorize.net think you are trying to pass in the CCV code and not returning it back. use something else.

also, x_relay_url to a locathost is not going to work.

Relay Response Basics and Troubleshooting

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

The relay response url is not the localhost of course ...

I am curios what you mean with that CCV code ? do you think I should add an extra text field for that , and the other fields will start working or am I misunderstanding?

The relay response url is not the localhost of course ...

you have that twice in your post.

instead of value="100" set to something like "abc100" or something, just not 3 digit.

other fields will start working

what other fields? are you getting any response fields at all?

I just tried your ideea ... set to x_cust_id "aaa" . Checkout the params that came back (I set the relay response just to show those):

Params : {"x_test_request"=>"true", "x_amount"=>"10.00", "x_ship_to_state"=>"", "x_ship_to_first_name"=>"", "x_cust_id"=>"", "x_city"=>"", "x_auth_code"=>"000000", "commit"=>"Purchase", "x_ship_to_city"=>"", "x_ship_to_last_name"=>"", "x_email"=>"", "x_state"=>"", "x_avs_code"=>"P", "x_ccv2_resp_code"=>"aaa", "x_MD5_Hash"=>"7436E52B8056625B7FD0DD52DD4C28F7", "x_fax"=>"", "x_company"=>"", "x_account_number"=>"", "x_first_name"=>"", "authenticity_token"=>"O0PykS09KbfR6qLwnCdPWpvFtR0+EQwi6Ul70sZiuqI=", "utf8"=>"\023", "x_po_num"=>"", "x_invoice_num"=>"", "x_country"=>"", "x_address"=>"", "x_last_name"=>"", "action"=>"relay_response", "x_ship_to_country"=>"", "x_ship_to_zip"=>"", "x_ship_to_address"=>"", "x_ship_to_company"=>"", "x_type"=>"auth_capture", "x_trans_id"=>"0", "x_tax_exempt"=>"FALSE", "x_tax"=>"0.00", "x_zip"=>"", "x_card_type"=>"", "x_response_code"=>"3", "x_duty"=>"0.00", "x_freight"=>"0.00", "controller"=>"authorize_net", "x_cavv_response"=>"", "x_phone"=>"", "x_cvv2_resp_code"=>"", "x_description"=>"", "x_method"=>"", "x_response_reason_text"=>"(TESTMODE) The referrer, relay response or receipt link URL is invalid.", "x_response_reason_code"=>"14"}

Also I made a typo mistake and wrote x_ccv2_resp_code and that seems to be recorded. Can I create any custom fields that I want to , cause if that would be the case than there would be no problem for me...
I would just have custom_id instead of x_cust_id and everything would be fine.

With an error 14 ("x_response_reason_code"=>"14") it shouldn't even get to your relay response page.

Not sure how you get anything on your relay response page.

Fix that first, then see if the the x_cust_id would works.

And yes you can send any custom fields and it would return it on the relay response.

Okei, thanks alot for your help!

you have 2 of these...

<input id="x_relay_url" name="x_relay_url" type="hidden" value="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" />
coolcat
Contributor

YOU SAID - I just tried your ideea ... set to x_cust_id "aaa" . Checkout the params that came back (I set the relay response just to show those):

Q: How does one set the relay response just to show various fields?

BTW: your answer may enlighten me to my issue here...

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/working-with-DPM-can-t-get-respo...

Once of the thing you can do it change the relay response url to

https://developer.authorize.net/tools/paramdump/index.php

read

http://developer.authorize.net/tools/datavalidation/