cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 103: This transaction cannot be accepted.

I'm using the advanced integration method.

I've been processing transactions in production successfully for a year, but as of 11/17/2011, I get a response code of 103 with a message of "This transaction cannot be accepted.".

I tried getting a new transaction key but that didn't make a difference.  I'm pretty sure nothing has changed on my end.  My code still works when using the test sandbox.  Is there anything I can do differently to troubleshoot this problem?

DavidLong
4 REPLIES 4

Does it happen with only certain card types? (Amex, Discover? etc) Any other patterns that you can see?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

All transactions are failing with that same error code.  My Visa didn't work.  I'm not sure how many other cards types are represented.

The verbose version of that error is "A valid fingerprint, Transaction Key, or password is required for this transaction." Given that you're using AIM, fingerprint probably doesn't apply, so that leaves transaction key or password.

TJPride
Expert

Make sure no one is making changes to your Authorize.Net account. Someone may be doing so without notifying you or being aware that it is affecting the website. This is not uncommon at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post