cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 13 Merchant Login ID or Password is Invalid when posting using DPM and ASP.NET

I am trying to submit using DPM with ASP.NET, but keep receiving the error

(13) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

This is my first time using Authorize.Net, although I have been using ASP.NET for about 8 years. The basic questions I have are:

1. Should I use the login id & transaction key from the test/developer account or the live account?

2. Should the x_test_request field be set to TRUE or FALSE?

3. What server/url should I post to?

4. Should the account I post to be in test or live mode?

I have tried just about every combination of values & settings for these properties I could find, but still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

njsokalski
Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

1)Test account loginID & TransactionKey are for test server https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll and production IoginID & TransationKey are for production server https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

2)Test Accounts vs. Live Accounts – Which Does What Anyway?

3)Read answer on #1

4)On test server always on live mode. On production depend on if it ready or not.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

OK, that definitely helped (at least there are some things I know I'm doing correctly now), although I'm still receiving the same error. One thing that I want to make sure I'm using the right value for is the x_login field. There are two values of which I'm not sure which one I should be using. First, there is the merchant login id that is used to login to the site, and then there is the api login id that you are given on the Settings -> API Login ID and Transaction Key page. Which one should I be using for the x_login field? I have tried both, but no difference. Thanks.

It the one in the Settings page. API Login ID and Transaction Key.

This is a simple test using AIM to the test server just place your LoginID and Transaction Key, and put it in your web browser and run.

https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll?x_version=3.1&x_type=AUTH_ONLY&x_amount=1.99&x_card_...

Make sure in there is no space when you submit your login ID on DPM.

I tried that, and I received the following response:

3,2,13,The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.,,P,0,,,1.99,,auth_capture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,361CB845DD8F46B7A41BDB8874062911,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It's different from the response I had before, but it still has 13 and the other key words, so I am guessing that there is some setting somewhere in my account that I need to change, but I don't know what. The account is in live mode, so it's not that. I really wish I had some idea what to do next, but I have no idea. Is there somewhere I should go to check that the account is not inactive, or to double-check anything else? I appreciate all your help.

If that simple test fail with your test account loginID and transaction Key. Create a new test account.

If you switch that to the production server secure.authorize.net and fail(error 13) with your production(live) account loginID and TransactionKey, it time to call support.