cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Error 13:The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

I am doing an HTTP Post from my application to the test site (https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll), but I keep getting, "The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive," when posting to my sandbox account that I created. I have triple checked the API credentials (I can use it in the Try It on https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/) and it is correct. Is there something else I need to set or is my account misconfigured? Here is what I am posting:
X_type CREDIT
X_trans_id 60030639796
X_card_num 1111
X_amt 1
X_login <blah>
X_tran_key <blah2> 
Note: items in brackets have the proper credentials.

I have tried posting to test, secure, and secure2 (this is what I was told is the correct URL) with or without x_test_request as true. I did find a Test Mode toggle in the settings and have tried the above with the toggle set to Test. I am not sending parameterized URLs.

Am trying this site as developer@authorize.net (both email and posting on the site) is absolutely useless. Thank you for helping me.

Thanks,

Matthew

8 REPLIES 8

If TryIt is working for the credentials than the account is configured correctly.

Are you logging the formatted request? Can you copy it here (minus login credentials, of course)?

mmcguire
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Sorry for the delay. Here is what is logged:

--------7cf2a327f01ae
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="x_type"

CREDIT--------7cf2a327f01ae
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="x_trans_id"

60030639796--------7cf2a327f01ae
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="x_card_num"

1111--------7cf2a327f01ae
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="x_amt"

1--------7cf2a327f01ae
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="x_login"

<login>--------7cf2a327f01ae
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="x_tran_key"

<trankey>--------7cf2a327f01ae
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="x_test_request"

TRUE

Note: bracketed items put in place of actual values.

Thanks,

Matthew

bump

Finally realized that my URLEncoding was off. Switched the Post keys to the proper pairs:

x_type=CREDIT&x_trans_id=60030639796&x_card_num=1111&x_amt=1&x_login=<login>&x_tran_key=<key>&x_test_request=TRUE

I'm still getting the same error message when posting to secure2 or secure. Posting to test, I get: "The gateway no longer supports the requested method of integration." Not sure if I am making progress, but it is different.

Thanks,

Matthew

bump

My boss is wanting a resolution to this. The longer this is unresolved, the more likely that we will be sending our customers to other services where we do have this working (i.e. PayPal).

Hello @matthewaceware

Could you please clarify exactly what issue you continue to experience and to which environment you are posting.  It would also help if you provide the exact API Request (with any sensitive data removed) you are sending.

Richard

Thank you for replying RichardH! Rather than me reposting the same stuff, would you please look back through the previous posts in the thread. Also, the Subject of the thread gives you what the exact message is that I continue to get. If there are specifics that need clarification, please post those.

Thanks,

Matthew