cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connecting to AuthorizeNet - CIM

Hello,

We are having an issue where we can use our sandbox account but not our production account. We have the production account on test mode but we keep seeing "Error Connecting to AuthorizeNet", while the sandbox account works flawlessly. If we turn live mode on our production account it seems to return a response. Why is this? Shouldn't test mode work under our production account? We do have an SSL certificate installed. It does not make sense to me why the sandbox account would work and not our production account. Is there additional code required for production? If I need to post my code let me know...

Thanks

Joe

bswstore
13 REPLIES 13

Login to the mechant account https://secure.authorize.net/ and see if testmode is on. If it is a new account, it probably set default to on.

OK, so in order for us to do anything in test mode we need a sandbox account? Do we then just switch it over to our production account once we want to take it live?

Correct, you can NOT create any test transaction(transactionID that are not zero) on a production account.

OK that makes sense then, they do not mention that anywhere for a production account? Why do they even offer test mode then for it? Thanks again, cheers!