cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing timeouts using AIM

Tried both Classic ASP and DotNet and am getting timeout messages.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

seitzd1
6 REPLIES 6

Hello seitzd1,

Is this problem still occurring for you?

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Yes, this is still a problem. Our web site has been running well and using authorize.net for 5 years; long processing time just started a few weeks ago. No changes to our web site, server, or datacenter network. 

Is it possible to determine how long the transaction is taking on the authorize.net server? We can determine how long the transaction takes start-to-finish on our web server. The difference in time between total transaction time and authorize.net server transaction time would help isolate where the delay is occuring.

If this is a problem with your production gateway account, I would recommend contacting Merchant Support directly.  They have the required access and troubleshooting tools to help isolate the issue.

Are you able to duplicate the issue with the sandbox?

Richard

Unfortunately,  Merchant Support was rather unhelpful. I called them first and they said this was out-of-their scope. They sent me to this developer forum.  I have not yet tried this with the sandbox, but I suppose that is the next step.

I am still experiencing this diffculty as the project has been ressurected.  I have no trouble getting a reponse via the browser but cannot connect programmatically.  Has any other client experienced this issue and if so was there a resolution?

seitzd1

@seitzd1  Can you provide more detail about what is shown in the connection log?

Can you also provide the entire request and response you get in your browser?

Richard