cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FDS responses seem incorrect

Hi,

I'm having trouble understanding some of the "silent post" responses I'm getting from FDS. I've checked with support and they assure me that it's by design, but I don't see how that can be.

This is in the test area, where I've configured FDS to have a low ($30) cutoff. Anything above this is blocked for manual approval.

Low-value transactions less than $30 are passed through as expected:

- An auth_capture request generates an auth_capture response

- An auth_only request generates an auth_only response

- A prior_auth_capture requests generates a prior_auth_capture response.

All good.

High-value transactions for auth_capture and auth_only return a status 4, "Pending" response. Also all good.

Manually approving an "auth_capture" request using FDS generates a prior_auth_capture response. Unexpected, but OK because it is still a sale and gets processed the same way anyway.

Here's the kicker. Manually approving an "auth_only" request *also* generates a "prior_auth_capture" response. This is *before* it's been captured; the type and status are absolutely identical to those returned from a regular prior_auth_capture call, *and* from a FDS-blocked auth_capture call.

So... given that Authorize.net support say that the correct response to an "auth_only" call which has been approved using FDS is "prior_auth_capture", how on earth do you separate a genuine "prior_auth_capture" (sale) from an auth_only one when the values for x_response_code and x_type are identical?

Thanks,

Jim

jimkeir
1 REPLY 1

Hi jimkeir,

Every time you use the filter action 'authorize and hold for review' AFDS holds any transactions that has already received authorization. If the merchant approved that pending authorization it then needs to do a prior auth capture for the transaction to continue because the authorization took place within the gateway. Once you do the prior auth capture, we don't differentiate between auth with auto capture and auth only on original transactions. If you approved it in the Authorize.Net merchant interface, it will only show as authorize only (transactions type) . Once the transaction is captured we do not show how the transaction was originally initiated.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator