cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileNotFoundException: Authorize.Net.certs (Permission denied) with ARB

I am very close to having my system setup for production, but I'm having a problem when moving my code to the production server.  As background, I am using both CIM and ARB, but my problem seems to be with ARB only.  I am using the Java API and running in Tomcat.  On my local machine, everything works fine, but when I try to run my code on the server, I receive the following error message:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: Authorize.Net.certs (Permission denied)

I do not have a file called authorize.net.certs on my local server, but this has never been an issue.  One thing that could be contributing is that I recently added an SSL certificate for my site and maybe this is somehow in conflict with Authorize.net.  But this issue comes up whether I refer to the page with http or https, so it might be unrelated.

The error occurs when I call the following ARB code....

api.sendRequest()

The only other difference I can think of between my local server and the production server is that my local server is WIndows and the production server is Linux, but I am not seeing any other strange behavior with the CIM code so it seems like it's something that is ARB-specific.

Anybody previously encountered this issue?  Any suggestions on how to resolve it?

robert2879
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Look like it is creating a temp file In the source HttpUtil.java

method public boolean InitializeKeyStore(String password, String host)

I guess you can give it permission to read/write.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
3 REPLIES 3

Look like it is creating a temp file In the source HttpUtil.java

method public boolean InitializeKeyStore(String password, String host)

I guess you can give it permission to read/write.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

That worked!  I'm not sure how I didn't see that file write when I was browsing the code, but it probably had to do with me banging my head against the wall.

Instead of giving permission, I actually adjusted the code so it didn't write out the keystore to disk at all.  I thought there might be a potential issue there with multiple synchronous requests as well as potential performance issues, so I thought it was safer to avoid that altogether.

Thanks for the help!

Would you mind posting this rewritten code or explainging how to grant access through policy management?  I must admit that java certificates have never been my strong suit.