cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Name Required Error

Hi,

I'm using a partial-hosted form and receiving this error after submitting the form:

"Payment was refused. Refusal reason: Bill To First Name is required."

However, all blanks (including first name) are filled out on form. Furthermore, this error only started showing up after we set the fields on the Authorize account to required:

Authorize.Net Required Fields 

It seems as though our settings are correct (we do want them required), but can't figure out why setting them to required would raise the error when 'Bill To First Name' is present.

devindavis
2 REPLIES 2

Right, that's known issue. Looks like the only fix is to log into your Authorize.net account and go to Account → Settings → Payment Form → Form Fields and change the domyessay field to not required.

jimmyhazen1

@PrepaidGiftBalance wrote:

Hi,

I'm using a partial-hosted form and receiving this error after submitting the form:

"Payment was refused. Refusal reason: Bill To First Name is required."

However, all blanks (including first name) are filled out on form. Furthermore, this error only started showing up after we set the fields on the Authorize account to required:

Authorize.Net Required Fields 

It seems as though our settings are correct (we do want them required), but can't figure out why setting them to required would raise the error when 'Bill To First Name' is present.

Please check your script and verify you are posting the API Login ID for the account in question. If you are not posting the correct API Login ID, or if you are not sending an API Login ID, please edit the script and confirm that the field name is set to the API Login ID that you may obtain from the Authorize.Net Merchant Interface. Please see the support article: How do I obtain my API Login ID and Transaction Key? for instructions on obtaining the API Login ID.
Joann_21