cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full path for create payment and mark order as paid in external API

Hello,

I don't realy known how it's flow of payments look like.

It's true if I want to buy something via card then I need:
1. Client: Authorize a Credit Card (with transactionType = transactionType)

2. Server: Get Held Transaction List (to allow me to send information to server to set order as paid)

3. Server: Approve or Decline Held Transaction

If I want pay via PayPal Express then I need use actions:

1. Client: Authorization and Capture, Continued

2. Server: Get Held Transaction List (to allow me to send information to server to set order as paid)

3. Server: Approve or Decline Held Transaction

Could you correct if I wrong?

Because I want to create actions in API and I don't really know If it's all action which I should use.
Of course, action from server I want to create as actions where will be runned every now and then (1 per 10 min)

SajanSSJ4
1 REPLY 1

Hello again,

Propably you don't know what I want to know.

I want to know, when can I know is some payment are complited (sended data is correct, and bank don't abort that payment from "not enought money on billing" or something), because in some payment providers I know that is a posibility to get reall information about is money get from billing and sended to merchant required a lot of time (e.g. from 1 payment provider from diffrent country I need to wait sometimes ~6h, so simple request for that is not possible)

Sometimes I thought about that I need to get "settled" payments for get payments really paid, but I don't sure it is correct thinking (because if I good remember then I heard something about ~30 days from Authorized -> Expired)

Could you tell me withone status is correct time to allow me to set payment is really paid?
Captured/Pending Settlement?

SajanSSJ4