cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating 60,000 CIM profiles. Are there transaction charges for this process?

Hello,

I am part way through the process of generatiing 60,000 Customer Profiles as I convert a client from AIM to CIM.  I just noted a passage in the CIM XML Guide (August 2012) that suggests that there might be charges for these transactions. Yikes!

On Page 11, in the discussion of "LiveMode", which I believe is required to successfully generate tokens using the "createCustomerProfileRequest" CIM Function, 

"liveMode generates a transaction to the processor in the amount of $0.01 or $0.00. If successful, the transaction is immediately voided. Visa authorization transactions are changing from $0.01 to $0.00 for all processors. All other credit card types use $0.01. Standard gateway and merchant account fees may apply to the authorization transactions."

My concern is the last sentence (I added the emphasis).

It's not going to be a good day if the client gets a bill for 60,000 transactions just to get this subsystem started.

Thanks in advance for your response.

J

jbschwartz
Contributor
12 REPLIES 12

Not sure if you a trolling or not. But the developer understand that he make a mistake when he send the livemode with the createCustomerProfileRequest. Maybe you have a suggestion on how authorize.net can prevent this from happening in the future?

@RaynorC1emen7 wrote:

Not sure if you a trolling or not. But the developer understand that he make a mistake when he send the livemode with the createCustomerProfileRequest. Maybe you have a suggestion on how authorize.net can prevent this from happening in the future?

not trolling this time :)  - just expressing sincere surprise at what seems pretty harsh.  

tip to Authorize.Net:  this is a PR opportunity.

by way of disclaimer i'll say the documentation is much better than is typically found, but regarding suggestions, i agree with OP's advice from here.

Considering that only a tiny percentage of users need to mass import to CIM, and that Authorize.net stands to make a boatload of money, I rather doubt this is high on their priority list. It would make sense for them to offer some sort of batch import, however, with a reduced fee.