cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Subscription ARBGetSubscriptionRequest not returning description

I'm using Get Subscription (ARBGetSubscriptionRequest) to retrieve details of the specified description.  Specifically, I need the subscription's description which contains important information for processing the payments automatically.

According to the documentation, the returned XML response ARBGetSubscriptionResponse should contain the description as part of "optional order information" on the xpath order/description.  However, order is not returned.   In fact, there's a lot of data specified in the ARBGetSubscriptionReponse that should be returned that I'm not seeing.

I don't see any flag to set on the input.  What am I missing?  How do I get this value?

jwilson2000
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Solved this. If you specify a description when creating a subscription but don't specify an invoice #, neither will be returned later by Get Subscription. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Discovered that the "order" XML node containing the subscription description is being returned from some of our other merchant accounts, so it must be related to an account setting. 

jwilson2000

Solved this. If you specify a description when creating a subscription but don't specify an invoice #, neither will be returned later by Get Subscription.