cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Transaction Details

We are using AIM through our website.

I am developing a windows application in VB .Net (2008) for our customer service department.

I need to provide them the ability to see if a customer got charged for the order.

I would like to return to customer service the customer's name, order total, and order date - with no ability to void or

refund the order.

I have attempted several options.  I have tried to bring in the SOAP & XML webservices with no luck. 

When I get the webservice connected to my application, the only option I have is GetTransactionDetailsType.

I don't have access to the actual function to return the details (GetTransactionDetails).

So the next thing I did was download the SDK and import in the Authorize.Net dll from the source code.

I am able to see the function calls now.  My confusion is what it actually returns and how I make the call

to return the data.

This is how I have the code set up right now - (I know it's not much):

Dim transData As New AuthorizeNet.APICore.getTransactionDetailsResponse

I know I need to pass in something to get data back.

So, basically, how the heck am I supposed to use this? :smileyhappy:

Is it even possible to get this data returned so our customer service department can look it up themselves

instead of calling me?  Currently, I log into authorize.net and go through the "Search" option and search by the

customer's last name to see if they were charged and if they have multiple charges against them.

The end result for this application I'm trying to develop is to allow customer service to see most everything I can see

but through a windows application.

Help!  If you need additional information, please just ask.  I'll tell all I know!

Thanks so much in advance.

Faith

faith811
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you bring it in SOAP, there should be a GettransactionDetail method. might not be a 100% 'cause it from C#

Dim MyService As AuthorizeNet.Service = New AuthorizeNet.Service()

Dim MerchantAuthentication As New AuthorizeNet.MerchantAuthenticationType

MerchantAuthentication.name = "111" 'LoginID

MerchantAuthentication.transactionKey= "111" 'transactionKey

Dim response as New AuthorizeNet.getTransactionDetailsResponseType

response = MyService.GettransactionDetail(MerchantAuthentication, "23")'23 is the transID

If you use their SDK, there should be a getTransactionDetailsRequest where you can set the transId.

And here is the documentation

http://www.authorize.net/support/ReportingGuide_SOAP.pdf

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
10 REPLIES 10

If you bring it in SOAP, there should be a GettransactionDetail method. might not be a 100% 'cause it from C#

Dim MyService As AuthorizeNet.Service = New AuthorizeNet.Service()

Dim MerchantAuthentication As New AuthorizeNet.MerchantAuthenticationType

MerchantAuthentication.name = "111" 'LoginID

MerchantAuthentication.transactionKey= "111" 'transactionKey

Dim response as New AuthorizeNet.getTransactionDetailsResponseType

response = MyService.GettransactionDetail(MerchantAuthentication, "23")'23 is the transID

If you use their SDK, there should be a getTransactionDetailsRequest where you can set the transId.

And here is the documentation

http://www.authorize.net/support/ReportingGuide_SOAP.pdf

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

thank you so very much.  This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! :smileyvery-happy:

Before making a charge (capture) I would like to check if a charge has already been made with my authorization code. I basically want to prevent a duplicate charge, by checking for a charge before making each charge. Is there a way to get all the customer transaction IDs so that I can use the getTransactionDetailsRequest(transactionId) method?

Thanks a bunch,

Monique

Not sure what you're trying to do exactly? Are you authorizing and then capturing and you want to prevent multiple captures? If so, Authorize.net already prevents multiple captures for the same transaction. You should be storing the transaction ID's in your database for later retrieval, and you can use the Transaction Details API from there - though if you want to get a bit messy, there is a GetUnsettledTransactionList method that you could use to maybe look up authorizations. Haven't tested that, so I don't know.

Thanks for your quick response!!

I am doing an authorize, then a capture. Let say the Authiorize.Net capture is successful, but our merchant database goes down after the capture. Our database has no record of the capture. Over 8 hours later (max x_duplicate_window) our database is restored and we capture again. At this point we have a duplicate capture.

I would like to prevent this by checking for a duplicate capture before actually making the capture. The problem is I don't have a transaction ID. I do have a customerProfileId, customerPaymentProfileId, authorizationCode and authorization amount.

Any suggestions??

After a successful "Authorization Only " transaction.  Are you running "Prior Authorization and Capture" transactions or "Capture Only" transaction

Capture Only. Is that incorrect?

Saved transactionID from authOnly . And use it with "Prior Authorization and Capture" instead.

Capture Only

This transaction type is used to complete a previously authorized transaction that was not originally submitted through the payment gateway or that requires voice authorization.

Awesome!!!! So if the TransactionStatus=AUTHORIZED_PENDING_CAPTURE then I can safely charge the credit card?