cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Transaction Details

We are using AIM through our website.

I am developing a windows application in VB .Net (2008) for our customer service department.

I need to provide them the ability to see if a customer got charged for the order.

I would like to return to customer service the customer's name, order total, and order date - with no ability to void or

refund the order.

I have attempted several options.  I have tried to bring in the SOAP & XML webservices with no luck. 

When I get the webservice connected to my application, the only option I have is GetTransactionDetailsType.

I don't have access to the actual function to return the details (GetTransactionDetails).

So the next thing I did was download the SDK and import in the Authorize.Net dll from the source code.

I am able to see the function calls now.  My confusion is what it actually returns and how I make the call

to return the data.

This is how I have the code set up right now - (I know it's not much):

Dim transData As New AuthorizeNet.APICore.getTransactionDetailsResponse

I know I need to pass in something to get data back.

So, basically, how the heck am I supposed to use this? :smileyhappy:

Is it even possible to get this data returned so our customer service department can look it up themselves

instead of calling me?  Currently, I log into authorize.net and go through the "Search" option and search by the

customer's last name to see if they were charged and if they have multiple charges against them.

The end result for this application I'm trying to develop is to allow customer service to see most everything I can see

but through a windows application.

Help!  If you need additional information, please just ask.  I'll tell all I know!

Thanks so much in advance.

Faith

faith811
10 REPLIES 10

Since I don't use that I can be a 100% sure, but it sure sound right.