10-17-2014 04:56 PM
The API tester use XML.
Is not identical XML doesn't have the <request></request>
Since you know the transaction details API works for your sandbox account. Try the soap call to the sandbox account.
10-20-2014 10:57 AM
thanks.. sorry to waste everyones time, but i found the problem:
I had a suspicion that I had been given the wrong API login/transaction key, so I asked the group who sent it to me to verify.. sure enough, the key they had given me was from a very old account that was no longer being used but still active.
got the new ID/key combo and it works perfectly.. thanks for all your help!