cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting I/O Exception: peer not authenticated from ColdFusion HTTP

My testing and development desktop system is Windows 7 ColdFusion release 10. It has worked very well for several years and the problem I am having below appeared recently when I started using it again to develop some new code for my customer. My desktop uses localhost as its web server. 

I am wondering if this problem is the result of the TLS 1.2 changes that occurred this spring.

My app uses 3rd party software to issue CFHTTP requests to Authorize.net to perform credit card processing functions. This code has worked fine on my test system for several years.

The URL accessed is https://api.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api and there is a large XML object which it references. I have tracked the problem down to a response from the CFHTTP request that says "I/O Exception: peer not authenticated" in the error.detail.

Rather than paste extensive blocks of code that are probably irrelevant, I am wondering if what I am experiencing is something to do with the relationship between localhost on my desktop and the Authorize.net server. I can paste the URL in my browser (Chrome) and get a response from it, so overall connectivity is there.

Would appreciate some suggestions on how to approach this problem. I am in over my head right now.

jpullam
Contributor
1 REPLY 1

After a day of working on it, this is what I think is happening.

Is it 100% required that my localhost server be running secure before Authorize.net will trust it?

If so, is there any straight forward way to get my local IIS to do that?

jpullam
Contributor