cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error "The request was aborted. Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel"

Getting "The request was aborted.  Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel" error all of a sudden.  What has changed?  Was working good before.

I'm using the API to run transactions from a WinForms application.

Thanks.

fineblumcb
10 REPLIES 10

Hi fineblumcb

Are you using the .NET SDK? If so, what version. If you are using another SDK language, which one and what version? 

Could you also provide more detail about the which call(s) you are attempting to make and to what endpoint? 

Lastly, if you run a scan of your server name at https://ssllabs.com/ssltest and provide the complete results, including cipher support, it may be helpful. 

Thank you,

Elaine

ElaineM
Moderator Moderator

Hi Elaine.

I'm testing against both the Sandbox and Production servers with same outcome.  I reinstalled the libraries so I must be using the latest version of the SDK.  The code I'm using is indentical to the "Hello World" example.

I don't have a server so I don't know what to use as the HostName for SSLlabs site.  I'm not running it on a web page.  It's running from a Windows Desktop application developed in WinForms C#.  I take it the SDK uses the .Net WebClient class to contact the endpoint URL.

Thanks.

What version of Windows are you using? 

I would also like to confirm that you are using the .NET SDK version 1.9.4 or 1.9.5 just to rule that out as these are the version that support TLS 1.2, which is necessary to connect with our endpoints. 

As this error indicates that your server cannot connect to the endpoint you are pointing to, I would assume that this would occur in both Sandbox and Production. 

There is a stackoverflow post that discusses this error in C# at: 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2859790/the-request-was-aborted-could-not-create-ssl-tls-secure-...

Please review and address these questions and I will be happy to review this further. 

Thank you,

Elaine

Hi Again. 

I decided to move the API to my webservice.  Working on that now.  Simulating an HTTP Post directly from the Desktop to the API endpoint may be the problem.  It did work before, but I would not be surprised if it is no longer allowed.  This way the API will be running on a webserver with an SSL certificate.  My guess is the message is failing the encryption test.

Thanks.
Charlie

@fineblumcb wrote:

Getting "The request was aborted.  Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel" error all of a sudden.  What has changed?  Was working good before.

I'm using the API to run transactions from a WinForms application.

Thanks.

Hi, did you get any proper solution, I think I am facing the same issue.

David378

Thanks

Lewis

Thanks

Collins784

Hello,

Lemuel10

Thank You

Lemuel10