cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting list of transactions for CIM id - there must be a better way

I am using .NET and SOAPclient.  I will be using CIM to make a transaction.  

I can't figure out how I am supposed to get  list of the transactions and their status for a specific customer.  When I look for a solution, the only answers I have seen is I have to pull a list  of ALL transactions our site has ever created  and then go through it to find only that customer's transactions.   

What if I have 5 milion transactions and my customer only has 2 transactions.  Getting all 5 million can't be efficient from Authorize.net's server side and it is very slow to get that in a web app and used by  the front end.   

Please tell me there is a smarter way....

p.s. If my storing the transaction results on my local database is the only way, and I use Authorize and Capture,  can I assume the results from Authorie and Capture will never change - that is I won't have to do some reconcilliation because it came back as "ok" but later rejected?

MrWinky1
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @MrWinky1 

The Transaction ID received in the response from your transaction request is unique for each transaction.  If you store that in your system, you can retrieve the information using the Transaction Reporting API.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thank you.  I don't mean to sound stupid - but wouldn't it make sense to have an API that can get it by customer profile?  has authorize.net ever heard about data CUBES?  It looks like this has been asked for for years

Wouldn't it make more sense to store transactions for your customer in your own database?

Mmmm... sorry, but that would be like saying, "hey, when you go to the store they won't print out the receipt. Just write it down, because you know what you bought".  I want one (only ONE) system of record - Authorize.net. Asking me to mirror or reconcile what is passed through CIM and processed by Authorize.net, is a waste of code. a design burden, a processing bottleneck  and a maintenance nightmare.  In a huge Enterprise system, asking for that kind of code - when all authorize.net needs is a data cube... well .. sorry that's a very 1995 design  mentality that sees only a short step versus the effect on the system as a whole.   

"hey, when you go to the store they won't print out the receipt. Just write it down, because you know what you bought".  I want one (only ONE) system of record - Authorize.net.... In a huge Enterprise system, asking for that kind of code - when all authorize.net needs is a data cube... well .. sorry that's a very 1995 design  mentality that sees only a short step versus the effect on the system as a whole.   

We all want a not of thing but authorize.net do payment process, not record keeping.

In fact, read this Reminder for Merchants to Download Transactions from 2012

Asking me to mirror or reconcile what is passed through CIM and processed by Authorize.net, is a waste of code. a design burden, a processing bottleneck  and a maintenance nightmare.

You could hire Authorize.Net Certified Developer