cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with using the CP method via C#

Hello,
I have been tasked with attempting to integrate a program which contains a POS module used by retail locations with authorize.net (CP transactions only).
We want to use C# to build the interface however I see your C# examples are built through ASP.net.  We were hoping to build a C# .net console app for communication as our software is not a web application and our clients do not have web servers .  I'm a bit confused as to which implementation method we should be using, the CP documentation states to use AIM but a forum post i found state sotherwise.  
Anyone have any non ASP C# code examples for CP transactions available by chance or any tips, I am a bit lost at this point.  
Thanks!

Adfinite
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Card Present transactions must be submitted through their own API.  This API is very similar to AIM, but it does have significant differences in terms of required fields and response formats.  In terms of communication, you can use mostly the same code for AIM and the Card Present API, you just need to make sure that you are including the required fields mentioned in the Card Present Integration Guide and that you are parsing the results in the correct order.  We do not have any sample code or implementations available other than what is listed on this site.

View solution in original post

Trevor
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
2 REPLIES 2

Card Present transactions must be submitted through their own API.  This API is very similar to AIM, but it does have significant differences in terms of required fields and response formats.  In terms of communication, you can use mostly the same code for AIM and the Card Present API, you just need to make sure that you are including the required fields mentioned in the Card Present Integration Guide and that you are parsing the results in the correct order.  We do not have any sample code or implementations available other than what is listed on this site.

Trevor
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the clarification!