cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gravity Form Authorize.net Add-On Not Recognizing Credentials in Settings

Hello, 

I'm attempting to use the Authorize.net add-on plugin for Gravity Forms, but I've run into a problem. Yesterday, after adding my client's API Login ID and API Transaction Key into the settings, two green checkmarks appeared next to the fields to indicate that they were recognized as authentic.

However, after refreshing the cache on my client's website today (because changes being made to the form were not appearing on the frontend), I went to set up the form's feed and was informed that I needed to set up the Authorize.net settings again. So I checked the settings, noticed that they had the same credentials as yesterday, but two red X's appeared next to them instead and now the credentials are not being recognized. (See this screenshot for reference: https://prnt.sc/lo9ir9 )

I've tried the following with no success in getting them recognized:

1) Removed the credentials, saved the settings, and then added them again. 

2) Removed the credentials, saved the settings, erased the site cache and my browser cache, and then added them again.

3) Deactivated and completely uninstalled the Authorize.net add-on, before reinstalling it, and then adding them again. 

Would anyone here have any suggestions as to what might be causing such a problem?

Thanks,

Tim

TimAtInsite
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @TimAtInsite

Your screenshot indicates your running in test mode, attempting to connect to our sandbox.  Is that correct?

If so, you can create your own sandbox account and try using those credentials.  If these are production credentials, switch the mode to Production.  Sandbox and Production are completely separate and require separate credentials.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @TimAtInsite

Your screenshot indicates your running in test mode, attempting to connect to our sandbox.  Is that correct?

If so, you can create your own sandbox account and try using those credentials.  If these are production credentials, switch the mode to Production.  Sandbox and Production are completely separate and require separate credentials.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your quick response! I could have sworn I tried running it in Production mode yesterday and it didn't work, but today I tried your suggestion and it did the trick. I can now see the green checkmarks again, next to the credential fields in the settings, and I was able to successfully set up a feed. 

How would I go about obtaining sandbox credentials so that I can run the plugin in Test mode? I haven't yet been able to find anything about it in the Authorize.net site settings, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Hello again, 

After running a quick search in Google, I signed up for an account at https://developer.authorize.net/ and obtained sandbox credentials. So I should be good for now. I will let you know if I need anything else.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Tim

I am having a similar issue. I have set up my authorize.net settings for gravity forms and I have it set up on the specific form I need payment to be processed. It is for a kids camp where they choose the specific classes they want and then pay the total. When they fill out the form and click submit it shows that everything is fine but the payment is never going into authorize.net or actually being processed. I don't know where to even begin because everything on my end looks correct. Does anyone know what is causing this? Here is the logging feed for reference: 

https://fpctx.edu/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/logs/gravityformsauthorizenet_94b74d4faf4eefd596c...

aboone

I'm using the Authorize.net add-on plugin for Gravity Forms and having issues with the transaction key being recognized. I've added my API Login ID and API Transaction Key into the settings with no recognizable issues. Every time I attempt to create an authorize.net feed it takes me back to the settings. I'm not sure why unable to create a feed? When I use my sandbox account credentials, I'm able to in test mode, but when I click on the production option, the feeds disappear and and I'm right back where I started.

LanesaS