cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guidance on using Organization ID and Merchant ID in CyberSource's sample projects?

Hello! I'm new to CyberSource and I'm currently exploring the sample projects available on the GitHub page. However, I'm facing some challenges with understanding and correctly using the Organization ID and Merchant ID. I would greatly appreciate your guidance on how to properly utilize these IDs within the context of the sample projects. Could you please provide me with detailed instructions or explanations on how to effectively work with the Organization ID and Merchant ID? Thank you so much for your assistance!

jamssyyy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jamssyyy,

When you set up an Account at Authorize Net, the setup will created the Organization ID and Merchant ID values, along with some other required values, such as Transaction Key.

When posting to authorize.net you will include those values in the body of the post:

$HTTP_Request_Body_ob:=New object("createTransactionRequest"; \
New object(\
"merchantAuthentication"; New object("name"; Merchant_Name_t; "transactionKey"; Merchant_Key_t); \
"refId"; String([Account]AccountNo); \
"transactionRequest"; \
New object("transactionType"; "authCaptureTransaction"; "amount"; String([Payment]Amount); \
"payment"; New object("opaqueData"; New object("dataDescriptor"; $Data_Descriptor_t; \
"dataValue"; $Data_Value_t)); \
"billTo"; New object(\
"firstName"; [Account]Bill_To_First_Name; \
"lastName"; [Account]Bill_To_Last_Name; \
"address"; [Account]Bill_To_Address; \
"city"; [Account]Bill_To_City; \
"state"; [Account]Bill_To_State; \
"zip"; [Account]Bill_To_Zip; \
"country"; "US"); \
"customerIP"; IPRemote_t)))

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#gettingstarted-section-section-header 

View solution in original post

marine2026
Trusted Contributor
1 REPLY 1

Jamssyyy,

When you set up an Account at Authorize Net, the setup will created the Organization ID and Merchant ID values, along with some other required values, such as Transaction Key.

When posting to authorize.net you will include those values in the body of the post:

$HTTP_Request_Body_ob:=New object("createTransactionRequest"; \
New object(\
"merchantAuthentication"; New object("name"; Merchant_Name_t; "transactionKey"; Merchant_Key_t); \
"refId"; String([Account]AccountNo); \
"transactionRequest"; \
New object("transactionType"; "authCaptureTransaction"; "amount"; String([Payment]Amount); \
"payment"; New object("opaqueData"; New object("dataDescriptor"; $Data_Descriptor_t; \
"dataValue"; $Data_Value_t)); \
"billTo"; New object(\
"firstName"; [Account]Bill_To_First_Name; \
"lastName"; [Account]Bill_To_Last_Name; \
"address"; [Account]Bill_To_Address; \
"city"; [Account]Bill_To_City; \
"state"; [Account]Bill_To_State; \
"zip"; [Account]Bill_To_Zip; \
"country"; "US"); \
"customerIP"; IPRemote_t)))

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#gettingstarted-section-section-header 

marine2026
Trusted Contributor