Contributor

Re: HTTP 302 response to webhook - accepted?

@Renaissance wrote:
@dsandberg

That 302 has to be somewhere in your code. 302 is for resources moved to a new uri. I am not familiar with .net so it may be in the framework and not in any code you have manually written. The webserver will not issue a 302 on its own. It is either in the server side code or in a server configuration file. I would
say that would have to be the case.

That’s why I thought that was odd. You want your webhooks endpoint tied to a uri that never changes. I use Apache and PHP for everything I do, and with that it is either a header coded in or a mod rewrite directive.

You could type in your webhooks url directly in the browser and see where you get redirected to.

In any event, it doesn't matter at this point. I know the 302 response was coming from our side, but my original question is what Authorize.net does if they receive that code in response to a webhook.  As I said, from the documentation the suggestion is that only an HTTP 200 would be accepted as a successful webhook reception and therefore not be repeated, but I'm not sure that's what we were seeing in our testing, so I was hoping to get an official statement on that behavior (a statement I still haven't gotten, so I am unable to accept anything in this thread as the solution even though our webhooks code has already been completed and sent along for testing).

Thanks much for the input, nonetheless!

All Star

@dsandbergwhen I get a minute I will run one and then see what happens.

The 302 code is somewhere in your framework code or other source code.
Highlighted

f you hit the url without the / on a browser, it will get a 302 and the browser will simply redirect. But the webhook does not follow redirects, so it simply tells you what the response was, which was a 302 redirect.

AppValley Download for iPhoneiPad - 2020. Get Tweaked (++) Apps and MOD Games.  Download latest version of AppValley