cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling deposits with SIM

I have what I think is a fairly simple problem, but I want to check and make sure that what I think is the solution is in fact the best way to go about it.

Basically, we sell a product at around $1000. The idea is that customers pay half initially, to reserve their space, and then at future dates they pay the other half in two seperate payments, say one 25% payment six weeks after the initial payment and the second 25% six weeks after that.

My thought on how to do this is the customer buys the inital product at 50%, then when that payment is processed a subscription is started, which charges them on the two payment dates and is then cancelled.

My question is, is that the best solution for this? Or is there something else I should be doing, maybe using Authorize's partial payment API? The only issue I would have with that is that it wouldn't be automatic, but that might not be a problem seeing as how we aren't doing it that way now.

mattn1198
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ARB with AIM, AIM to get the initial 500, then ARB start 6 weeks and occur 2 times of 250.

CIM and do your own scheduler.

Partial payment is NOT what you think it does, it for when one card is not enough for one payment then you can split it to another card.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

ARB with AIM, AIM to get the initial 500, then ARB start 6 weeks and occur 2 times of 250.

CIM and do your own scheduler.

Partial payment is NOT what you think it does, it for when one card is not enough for one payment then you can split it to another card.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Okay then, it sounds like I was on the right track, I just need to change the API I'm using for payments. And yes, I only really glanced at partial payments, it just sounded like something that would work for me. Thanks for the help.

mattn1198