cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Diagnosing Problem with Denied Transactions

Hello, Authorize.net Support suggested I post to this forum, since they were unable to figure out the root problem. We supplied Authorize.Net with a response string that didn't yield any answers.

Basically, We're using Magento 2.2.8 and we should have the most up-to-date Authorize.Net.

Our customers are getting multiple failed attempts at placing CC orders. During our testing, we used all our own credit cards and it tests fine. For our customers, we have more failed attempts than successful. We can't figure if the problem replies in our cart. We hope our customers know how to input the correct credit card data, but it seems to be persisistant. One or two can be common, but we've had dozen of failed transactions.

Has anybody else had the same problems and how did you fix/address?

chriscastellani
Contributor
17 REPLIES 17

@chriscastellani 

We need a little more info to help you. "Most up-to-date Authorize.net" means you use which integration? You use SIM/DPM/AIM/API, etc.  And what errors are you getting? What is the error message or are the error messages? This may be a bigger issue than can be solved on a forum like this. 

Renaissance
All Star

We use API.

I tried posting the response string here, but looks like it won't post. Any ideas? Is there specific area for the string I can post here?

The error the customer was getting was something along the lines of...

“There was a problem processing your order. Please try again.”

Hello @chriscastellani 

Use the { i } icon on the toolbar to insert code.

Richard

@chriscastellani 

To be clear, you are saying that you run your own credit cards to test, and it works fine. Then, without changing anything, you put your site online and your customers cannot pay and get the error message you mentioned? 

"Tests" can mean different things. You can be testing your app in a live, real money environment using your own credit card, or you can be using a test mode where no real money is charged.  Further there is test mode for a production account and there is test mode for a sandbox account. We need to get really clear on what you are doing.

Tests are on our live site using our personal credit cards, not in sandbox. So when our customers try using their cards, the majority have been unsuccessful.

Tried using the {i} to paste response report, but still won't take.

@chriscastellani 

Have you checked your antifraud settings in the merchant inferface? Also try checking your interface for any transactions. Sometimes the errors will show up in the transaction lists if there is an issue with the merchant services provider.  

And you can take a screenshot of the error message and post a link using an image hosting site. 

@chriscastellani 

Your issue looks to be this-

'city' => XXXX',
'state' => 'XXXX',
'zip' => 'XXXX',
'country' => 'US',
'phoneNumber' => 'XXXXX'

I am not sure how versed you are in programming, but 'city', 'state', etc. in this are part of an array.  The values XXXX are also part. 'city', 'state' are called keys and the items after => are called values. In the transaction that failed, your syntax for the value tied to city is off. It should be 

'city'=>'XXXX',

But instead is 

'city' => XXXX',

You are missing a single quote. Do you know why this may be?  Did you copy and paste this request and response verbatim or is it possible you somehow omitted the single quote?