cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with moving on from Weblink

We are a small company that has been using the same authorize.net online payment web page for 15 years and now we must do something quickly before Weblink is discontinued on Sunday.

Our developer was tasked to do the work several weeks ago, but he left abruptly today and we only just learned that he had done nothing about the payment web page. I am the only one in the company who knows anything about HTML and web design, but I am really just the one-eyed man in the land of the blind.

So, what would be the quickest and easiest way to keep our payment web page up and running after Sunday? Can we just modify the existing HTML code in some way? I am hoping to be able to make the transition without having to spend the weekend taking a crash course in payment gateway development.

This appears to be the relevant code we are now using (I have disguised some of our corporate information).

<form action="https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll" method=POST>
<table width="615" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr><td colspan="2">
<input type=HIDDEN name="x_Version" value="3.0">
<input type=HIDDEN name="x_Login" value="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">
<input type=HIDDEN name="x_Show_Form" value="PAYMENT_FORM">
<input type=HIDDEN name="x_Description" value="Product">
<input type=HIDDEN name="x_Logo_URL" value="http://www.pay.website.com/images/payment_form_logo.jpg">
<input type=HIDDEN name="x_Email_Customer" value="True">
<input type=HIDDEN name="x_Cust_ID" value="DO NOT USE">
<input type=HIDDEN name="x_Invoice_Num" value="DO NOT USE">

What do I do now?

Many thanks for any help you can offer this poor half-baked excuse for a developer.

Ciao!  Bill

Martin616
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Martin616

Our best suggestion is to use an Authorize.Net Certified Developer to help you upgrade your system.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Martin616,

The transition is not vey difficult. Basically it amounts to modifying your application to POST your data, including your transactionKey, as XML instead of name value pairs, to Authorize.net's API at : https://api.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api

We have upgraded many applications for the same reason.