cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi - magnetstripe reader

I believe I should be able to integrate this fairly well with AIM type transaction. Before I purcahse this can anyone tell me if i'm right?

http://www.amazon.com/Triple-Track-Magnetic-Stripe-Reader/dp/B004IATGGM

a-bamboo
3 REPLIES 3

It's a very simple device that just translates track data into a text string passed to your computer. As long as you have software set up to catch that data and put it into the right fields, you should be good to go.

TJPride
Expert
So I *should* be able to grab the text using fgets() right? I understand this is better asked in a programming forum, but you seem knowledgeable and I am already here... I suspect if I had my term open and I scanned a card it would input the same as a standard keyboard...

It should act exactly as if the data was being typed in. So you just need something that can read keystrokes. For instance, a quick hack workaround on an HTML form might be to have a field for card reader input - you just click inside the field, swipe the card, then a function that's triggered onkeyup from the field checks to see if you've hit the end character yet and then parses the input and splits it into the different fields. Or you could do that part with a button. Either way. I'd have to see an example of what it outputs to give exact code, but I could probably write you up something fairly quickly that integrates this using a web form and the Card Present Authorize.net API.