cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosted CIM - International billing addresses

Hi,

In the hosted CIM, it's my understanding that the billing address popups are developed and controlled by authorize.net. 

Does authorize.net offer a version of the billing address popup for international addresses? 

Thanks

jennimarquiss
8 REPLIES 8

As far as I can tell, no. Those forms are pretty much one size fits all, don't seem to be any options in the control panel or fields to pass or whatnot that would change them.

TJPride
Expert

Dear TJPride,

I have two questions here about CIM:

1) How can I do partial void for authorize, capture, AuthorizeAndCapture and so on?

2) Capture's interface in authorize.net as bellow (C# code):

public IGatewayResponse Capture(string profileID, string paymentProfileId, string cardCode, decimal amount, string approvalCode)

It need pass an argument "cardCode", but actually, we do not store sensitive data in our local database, so we get it from authorize.net with the feature:  public Customer GetCustomer(string profileID) , but in test mode, the customer.PaymentProfiles[i].CardCode which I get is null, It is weird that I pass the "null" card code to the Capture interface, it can return a approved result, Can you expain it?

To answer #1, there is no such thing as a partial void. You either void an entire transaction or you don't. You can't void part of it. You can issue a partial refund, however.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

The IGatewayResponse Capture definition makes no sense, since the whole point of CIM is that once the profile is verified, you should no longer need the card code or any of the other pieces of information. The equivalent calls in the PHP API don't mention card code at all, as far as I can tell - either there's something funky going on here or this is a hold-over from an older function definition or something. Need someone from Authorize.net to post and explain that one.

Hi,

I'm not clear whether you are attempting to process a capture only transaction or capture a previously authorized transaction. In the case of a prior authorization capture, this can always be done via AIM since it does not require you to have access to any secure payment information.

It does appear that the capture request for CIM in the .Net SDK is a bit confused, so we are asking our developers to review it and make sure it requests the right information.  You are correct that a card code should not be collected for any capture requests.
Thanks,
Joy
Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I am attempting to process a previously authorized transaction, thanks for your reply, it is very useful.

I have another question: Is it possible to get card code through the API: public Customer GetCustomer(string profileID)?

Hi Joy,

Sorry to say that I have another question, in test environment, I can do an aurhorize successfully with a "NULL" value card code, dose that means I can do it successfully neither in live environment? the following is the the code I wrote(C#):   

string profileId = _gateway.CreateCustomer("nojordantestttt@126.com", "Lucas Zhang").ProfileID;
            string paymentProfileId = _gateway.AddCreditCard(profileId, "4111111111111111", 12, 2014, null);

IGatewayResponse response = _gateway.Authorize(profileId, paymentProfileId, 100m);
            IGatewayResponse authCaptureResponse = _gateway.AuthorizeAndCapture(profileId, paymentProfileId, 10m);

Best regards,

Thank you.

In regards to your first question, the card code can never be retrieved because it is never actually stored.  When a card code is sent to us with a request to create a payment profile it is never actually stored.  The card code is only used for the validation transaction and only if you are using liveMode validation.

Sending null for the card code field should work because it means we will just ignore that element.  In fact, we should probably add an overload to the CreateCustomer method which makes that parameter optional.  I'll put that down as a feature request for future SDK updates.