cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosted CIM - We cannot find a way to set validationMode.none like in the Non-Hosted CIM

Good morning. We have been using CIM on a bunch of our sites for some time now. The one thing we've always set was the ValidationModeEnum.none when creating payment profiles.

Since doing our integration with the CIM Hosted version, we have noticed we're now getting some $0.00 voided transactions that we have not seen before. I'm assuming it has something to do with the bit below I got from the CIM docs. However, I'm stumped on HOW to set the Hosted CIM version to validationMode.none. Is this something we have to configure in the Authorize.Net admin, or something I send when I get the pop up window, through code somehow? Any help would be appreciated.
Also, any documents on how the Authorize.Net settings might effect the pop up window?

• liveMode—generates a transaction to the processor in the amount of $0.01 or

$0.00. If successful, the transaction is immediately voided. Visa authorization

transactions are changing from $0.01 to $0.00 for all processors. All other credit

card types use $0.01. Consult your Merchant Account Provider before changing

to Zero Dollar Authorizations for Visa because you may be subject to fees.

For Visa transactions using $0.00, the billTo address and billTo zip fields are

honwrath
6 REPLIES 6

I looked all over the control panel and  CIM XML guide and didn't see anything on this myself either. Guess we'll have to wait for a mod to reply.

TJPride
Expert

Thanks, yes. I have knocked through any development settings I can in the code, and all of the docs. Nothing. Our folks that administer the Auth.Net accounts can't find any settings either. This is only a problem testing in live move, so it's hard to keep testing with different cards and see where we land. Hope we get an answer soon.

Thanks for your reply!

Try going into the CIM file in the lib folder of your SDK (assuming it's laid out the same way as the PHP one) and looking for the functions you use to create / update profiles. In the PHP version, there's an argument that gets passed that can be set to "none", "testMode", or "liveMode". The assignment is commented out in some of the functions, however, such that it would never get set and would therefore pick up whatever the default value happens to be instead. Do a little digging and see if the same thing is happening to you.

Thanks, I'll try to check this out. We're using the c# version, not PHP. I was succesful doing this with CIM. We've always sent over "none" and it worked fine. But, in the NEW Hosted version, I can find no such settings.

I'll double check the generated c# code for the web services and the API examples again and post here if I find anything, but up until no, no go.

Hmm, must have forgotten you were using hosted CIM. Ignore my earlier comment.

Unfortunatley, we do not have an option to modify the validation mode of the hosted profile management at this time.  This is an option that we are likely to add in the future, but I do not have any kind of timeline that I can provide you.