cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosted add payment profile success guarantees customer added credit card?

Hello,

We are currently evaluating use of the hosted forms. I gather we cannot directly receive a payment profile id in any message sent through an IFrameCommunicator, but must make an additional call after the customer exits the hosted page. 

If we use a hosted form to add a payment profile making sure to only show payment info and only credit card, does a successful return code guarantee that a credit card was entered, it was valid, and a payment profile has been saved?

adahl
1 REPLY 1

Hi,

The successful return does not mean that the payment profile is created and/or saved.

I understand that you are using our Accept Hosted product. For this product, to save the payment profile to the customer profile, you will need to send a customerProfileId with the token request and you need to enable addPaymentProfile flag in hostedPaymentCustomerOptions of Accept Hosted

Further information about this (and other configurable settings) can be found in this link: https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/accept_hosted.html

If, however, you want to create the customer profile along with payment information so that you can use it later, may I suggest you take a look at our Accept Customer Hosted Form

Thanks.

gnongsie13
Developer Developer
Developer