cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get notified via CODE that an ARB subscription transaction has failed or expired ??

I'd like to be able to implement an automated system where I can get notified programatically if an ARB subscription has expired or a recurring transaction has failed.  It'd be great to implement via CODE so that it is automated without having to take care of this manually. I read about Silent post and saw the settings but when I tried to find the documentation regarding silent post, the parameters to expect, etc ... I couldn't find any relevant info.

I'd really appreciate your help in this.

areteem
6 REPLIES 6

You can choose to receive Automated Recurring Billing™ (ARB) e-mail notifications in the Merchant Interface:

1) Log into your Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net

2) Click Recurring Billing in the main left side menu.

3) Click Configure ARB Email Notifications.

4) Check the boxes for the e-mail notifications you wish to receive.

5) Click Submit to create the subscription.

The e-mails available include:

• Daily Transaction Summary — A daily summary of transactions associated with your ARB subscriptions. This e-mail type includes a CSV file each for successful and failed transactions.
  • Failed Transaction Notice — Notification of failed transactions for your ARB subscriptions.
  • Subscription Due for Expiration — Notification of upcoming subscription expirations.
  • Credit Card Expiration — Notification of upcoming credit card expirations for ARB subscriptions.
  • Subscription Suspension — Notification of suspended subscriptions for reasons of transaction decline, rejection, or error.
  • Subscription Expiration — Notification of subscriptions that have expired.
  • Subscription Termination — Notification of subscriptions terminated by the payment gateway.
Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers
NexusSoftware
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

That I already know, I know merchants can set those settings to receive notifications. What I'm looking for is a way that as soon as a recurring transaction fails, the user subscriptions get cancelled  via code. Basically I'd like to be able to detect programatically when future recurring payment fail so that the code can take care of cancelling premium members on our site without having to check every day and do the manual work. I've head of silent post but there's no documentation about it.

While Silent Post is a supported service, it is strongly recommend that you use Webhooks to receive transaction updates and other event notifications from the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway. Visit http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/webhooks.html for more information on Webhooks.