cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i use authorize.net payment gateway in phonegap(Cordova) project ?

I am crating mobile application(ios, android) using phonegap(Cordova) framework. I need to add authorize.net payment gateway in my project. How can i use this payment method in my project  ?. Is there any possible to add this payment gateway in phonegap project ?

Please Guide me....

Arunkumar1775
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Arunkumar1775 ,

At this time, we do not have any recommendations or specific support for phonegap.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Any news on this?

Hello,

Is there any update on integration between Authorize.net and Cordova?

If plugin is not available please suggest any other way to integrate.

Thanks in advance.

From what I can tell, Apache Cordova executes all code using client-side javascript with additional functionality provided by per-device client-side plugins.    It's unclear to me how you would securely process payments with everything client-side as you would have to expose your api login and transaction key to each client.

But in any case, you'd probably need to write a auth.net plugin for each device, then call the standard SDKs as appropriate for each device (sdk-android, sdk-java, sdk-ios, etc).

For the CIM part, you might be able to do all of this in client-side javascript using the new api without a plugin, but I haven't tried using this new API yet:

http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/acceptjs.html

Picture this:

A plumbing technician has just finished a job, and has marked the job as "ready to bill" in our Cordova app. Now he wants to collect payment via his tablet using a card reader. (like pretty much every single coffee shop uses)

As a programmer using Cordova to write our app, what are my options?

a) Use accept.js and somehow tie the bluetooth or headphone jack card reader to the form?

b) Use a Cordova Plugin of some kind?

c) Develop an iPhone app and a seperate Android app with the sole reason for the split being Mobile Payments.

(A) I can't seem to find anywhere that accept.js (or the hosted version) works with mobile card readers. Seems like this would be a priority instead of typing in the card number. Perhaps I missed something?

(B) There are a LOT of cordova plugins out there that call specific native C or JAVA libraries (depending on what platform they are running on), and since you already have standard SDKs for Android and iPhone, why not create a Cordova plugin that integrates with them? 

I'd expect the workflow to be something very much like

a) Tech taps a PAY NOW button 

b) Client swipes card (or types it in manually, or taps CHECK and types that info in or snaps a pic)

c) Client taps "Confirm Payment of XXXXXX" and is rewarded with a checkmark when payment is complete.

If that's too tricky, how about a cordova plugin that PASSES a couple pieces of info (CustomerID, Total..etc) to the Authorize.Net app for either platform?

(C) Seperate code bases? Honestly I'd rather not do that. Thanks.

I think you (authorize.net) could pick up a lot of customers if you created a cross platform solution that uses your card reader hardware AND could be used by Cordova. You'd be directly competing against Stripe, Braintree, Paypal Here, and perhaps even Square:

Stripe: https npmjs.com/package/cordova-plugin-stripe

Braintree: github.com/Taracque/cordova-plugin-braintree

PaypalHere: https www npmjs.com/package/com.paypal.cordova.mobilesdk