cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a BCC to the Customer's email receipt?

Hi, we would like to use Authorize.Net's built-in customer receipt email for both API transactions, and via our account's Virtual Terminal.  However, I don't see a way to apply a BCC to this email so that we can get a copy of the email that the customer receives.  Can you help me figure out how to do that?

Thank you

-VG

VGmnet
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, that is very unfortunate as this is an essential part of our needs.  I have submitted an item via the Feedback link to specifically request this feature as it is critical to our success.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Merchant get their merchant email, and it is not the same as what the customer receipt email.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Raynor, yes I know that the merchange email is not the same as the customer email, but that does not answer my question.  Can you answer my question?

Thanks

-VG

There isn't any setting for BCC.

OK, that is very unfortunate as this is an essential part of our needs.  I have submitted an item via the Feedback link to specifically request this feature as it is critical to our success.

If you need that soon, I would suggest that you do the emailing yourselves.

Raynor, if we code the emailing ourselves then we would not be able to use the same email for the Virtual Terminal as we do via the API.  That is problematic.  How would you suggest we resolve that?  Also, as I look through the Merchange Email Receipt, I don't see the line items listed anywhere so it appears to have LESS information than the customer email receipt.  Is there a special flag we need to set to see he line items on the merchant receipt?

Raynor, if we code the emailing ourselves then we would not be able to use the same email for the Virtual Terminal as we do via the API.  That is problematic. 

If you entering the CC info on virtual terminal, wouldn't you enter the order info on your system too?

Also, as I look through the Merchange Email Receipt, I don't see the line items listed anywhere so it appears to have LESS information than the customer email receipt.

Correctly, I think they(authorize.net) assume that you would know what the customer is ordering.

Is there a special flag we need to set to see he line items on the merchant receipt?

Nope.

Or you could look at the transaction detail api GetTransactionDetails where you can get lineitems

http://developer.authorize.net/api/transaction_details/